Wednesday, June 09, 2004

I don't want to talk about it.

No. I mean it. I can't handle losses like this. I don't care if its after a 15 game winning streak. I just can't take it. Is it wrong to want to gouge out my own eyes with a bic pen? Will that make me feel better?

Speaking of missing eyes... I must highly recommend a movie I recently saw called Donnie Darko. If you like movies where you have no idea what's going on until the end. And then, at the end, you're more confused than ever..... you'll like this one. It's along the same lines as some of Charlie Kaufman's stuff (Adaptation, Eternal Sunshine, et al.). If you like his stuff, you'll probably like Donnie Darko.

There a pretty decent chance that Ken Griffey Jr. will hit his 500th dong against our Tribe this coming weekend. If he does indeed light up the tribe's bullpen like a Christmas tree, he'll become the 4th guy to do so. Ted Williams, Babe Ruth and Rafael Palmeiro have already accomplished the feat.

The bullpen will be lit up like a big, bright Christmas tree for Kid Griffey


In my last entry, I discussed the odds of a fugitive being caught by his parole officer while on the jumbotron in Cincy recently. Jim Caple of ESPN.com's Page 2 discusses this and other ballpark etiquette.

Yes. The previous "Question of the Day" was the bald spot of none other than our own "Little O."
Our little Omar is getting a little O-veraged


Omar in his younger days


Well... this has been a fun little diversion. But, unfortunately, I keep coming back to the fact that we keep blowing leads in the late innings. But... c'mon.... we all saw this most recent one coming, didn't we? I mean... did anyone read Hoynsie's article in the PD yesterday? To quote: "In theory, if all things are cyclical, perhaps the big bullpen wheel in the sky has started to rotate in the Indians' favor." If that wasn't one of the all time jinxes, I don't know what was. That was paramount to a manager going to the mound with two outs in the ninth while a pitcher is throwing a perfect game and saying:
"Are you aware you haven't given up a hit or a walk yet? In addition, do you realize that your defense has made every single play so far and there has yet to be a single baserunner? I just thought you'd want to know."
So, in retrospect, I don't blame Rafael Betancourt or Jose Jimenez for last night's travesty, I blame Paul Hoynes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://xtvorglz.com/iepa/wzah.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://skdhbhwg.com/dxdm/lzmu.html]Cool site[/url]

July 19, 2006 at 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

July 19, 2006 at 8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://xtvorglz.com/iepa/wzah.html | http://dvzmelwn.com/ekph/wpod.html

July 19, 2006 at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger

LJ's Travel Blog