Wednesday, June 23, 2004

What Would I Have Preferred?

UPDATE!!!-- 12:30 am

We Win!!!!
I just got back from my third straight game at "The Joan." I'll report on everything tomorrow morning. Another great game.....


UPDATE!!!-- 6:15 pm

Boone to be signed by Tribe?
Rumors are swirling that Aaron Boone is close to agreeing to terms with the Cleveland Indians. Although nothing has been finalized yet, terms may be announced soon. Stay tuned. Here's a link to Aaron's career major league stats.
Really... what's better? To have led and lost or to never have led at all? As I slowly try to piece my heart back together, I keep asking myself that.

I'm gonna keep this one short as the memories are still too fresh to relive so soon. I'm sure many of you are saying: "Let's look at the positives. We came back to take the lead. Blah, blah, blah." But, this one was painful. In the last series here in Chicago, we blew a 4 run lead in the ninth to lose and now this. Instead of a long, dragged out entry about what went wrong, what went right, who screwed up, etc., I'm just going to add a few comments.
Victor Martinez would never have the type of game Casey Blake had. Just not possible. I was never able to see replays... but (even though he was called out) wasn't that guy at second safe on Casey's lackadaisical throw in the second or third inning?

Unbelievable at bat by Matt Lawton. Fouled off a bunch of pitches... had to wait while the umpire regrouped... fouled off another.... then goes yard. Great job.

I don't think these White Sox have a lot of heart. Even though they came back to win it, their celebration just didn't seem all that exciting. Despite the fact that this team has the most talent in the division, I think the Central is either the Tribe's or the Twins' for the taking (and... unfortunately... probably the Twins).

Interesting article from the Chicago Tribune this morning praising our young team. You may have to register to read it but its worth it.

Although I'm sure many of you have already watched this since last night's debacle, here's a link to put you in a good mood. Not all great comebacks end in disappointment.

This always puts a smile on my face


Although Matt Miller was credited with giving up the tying run.... that guy's got hitters way off balance. I think its time to give him a more prominent role in the pen.

David Riske is good again. Jose Jiminez still isn't.

Lefties are now hitting .318 with an OPS of over 1.000 against Cliff Bartosh. I think its time for him and Scott Elarton to start looking at new career paths. Perhaps they'd be accepted into the Crochet Guild. I certainly don't want 'em anymore.

Its going to be tough to go to the game again tonight. But I'll be there cheering us on. I'll probably keep posting throughout the day.... so make sure you check back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger

LJ's Travel Blog